Patient came in with an defective old amalgam filling on his lower molar. One of the cusp fractured, possibly due to biting on something which is hard, or due to the compromised tooth structure with the large amalgam restoration. We decided to replace the silver coloured amalgam with tooth-coloured resin composite, which is more aesthetic than amalgam. In this case, we used resin composite "Harmonize" from Kerr USA.
Materials and Method
1. Removed the existing amalgam filling.
2. Cleaned and removed caries dentine.
3. Cavity isolation.
4. Selective etched on enamel margin.
5. Applied bonding agent, Optibond Versa®, from Kerr USA.
6. Delivered the resin composite by layering tecnique.
7. Light cured the resin composite.
8. Finishing & polishing.