Patient came in with an defective old amalgam filling on his lower molar. Marginal leakage with undermine secondary caries. We decided to replace the silver coloured amalgam with tooth-coloured resin composite, which is more aesthetic than amalgam. In this case, we used sonic energy activated resin composite, SonicFill® from Kerr USA. It deliver by using an ultrasonic handpiece to enhance the adaptation of the filling material to the cavity wall.
Materials and Method
1. Removed the existing amalgam filling.
2. Cleaned and removed caries dentine.
3. Cavity isolation.
4. Selective etched on enamel margin.
5. Applied bonding agent, Optibond Versa®, from Kerr USA.
6. Delivered the sonic activated composite (SonicFill®) into cavity.
7. Light cured the resin composite.
8. Finishing & polishing.